The Philadelphia City Council Fellowship Program seeks bright, highly motivated individuals, provides them an in-depth “hands on” experience, and builds the skill sets critical for a successful career in public service. We are proud to announce competitive hourly pay (at 20 hours per week) for the following positions:
- Four (4) Public Policy Fellows
- One (1) Graphic Design Fellow
- One (1) Digital Photography & Video Fellow
Applications are due no later than September 10th. Fellowship appointments are highly competitive and limited in number so applicants are encouraged to apply soon. The program is specifically designed for those currently in graduate school, but is flexible under special circumstances. For more information on eligibility criteria, please download the relevant application file above and submit your materials to the email address listed.
Fellows participate in budgetary, legislative, and programmatic areas of city government and can expect to work directly with legislative teams representing the 17 members of City Council in researching, crafting, and communicating public policy.
During their time with the City Council Fellowship Program, Fellows can expect to work on legislation and initiatives such as:
- Research ways to preserve affordability for working families;
- Report on best practices for poverty reduction;
- Craft workforce development and job growth proposals;
- Develop new initiatives that keep Philadelphia green;
- Generate recommendations for criminal justice reforms;
- Assist in the development of a plan for launching Community Schools across Philadelphia;
- Create innovative solutions infrastructure challenges.
Fellows will also get to experience:
- Behind the scenes tours of prominent city facilities;
- Talks by key local and regional political leaders;
- The opportunity to present their own policy proposal to numerous leaders from government and the private sector;
- Attend regular City Council weekly sessions;
- Staffing City Council hearings;
- Attend internal legislative meetings.
Share this Post