Position: Senior Constituent Service Representative
Reports To: Councilmember Cherelle Parker and Chief of Staff
The Senior Constituent Service Representative is generally responsible for assisting in overseeing the daily operations of a district office to ensure effective and efficient constituent services to the residents of the 9th Council District and the City of Philadelphia community. The Sr. Constituent Service Representative works closely with the administrative, communications, and community outreach staff to ensure that constituents and staff are provided with accurate, up-to-date information regarding City and local programs and resources.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience providing direct assistance to individuals in a social services, legal, medical, or government setting
- Ability to verbally communicate in a clear, compassionate manner with individuals of different ages, races, and socio-economic statuses
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Experience with basic office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and online systems (OneDrive, Google Docs) required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Familiarity with City and local programs, services, and resources is a plus
- Bilingual ability (English and Spanish or Mandarin) is a plus
- PA notary public commission is a plus
- Provide fast and efficient support to constituents in order to consistently foster stronger relationships between the Council office and the community, alleviate constituent and community concerns.
- Advocate for constituents, stakeholders, and other members of the community in a timely manner in their efforts to access City, state, and federal services.
- Manage a caseload of general and complex constituent service cases.
- Act as the representative for the Councilmember’s office within the area of responsibility by meeting with constituents and stakeholders, as well as attending community meetings.
- Serve as a liaison to local, state, and federal officials and other persons or groups to form an effective working relationship on behalf of the Councilmember.
- Assist with training staff, interns, and volunteers in the handling of constituent service issues and office procedures when necessary.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Councilmember, staff, constituents, and community stakeholders.
- Work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating the constituent service office procedure manual and interoffice city services contact information documents to ensure office efficiency.
- Help maintain records for Philadelphia Activities Fund applicants, assist applicants with application process, and communicate with Program Manager/Assistant Manager at Parks & Recreation as needed.
- Plan community meetings and events that support 9th District initiatives.
- Provide accurate and detailed constituent service reports when requested.
- Assist in the facilitation of constituent surveys, interpret data, and draft detailed memorandums for internal and external distribution.
- Ensure that the City Hall and District offices have up-to-date constituent service resources from various City, state, federal, and local agencies.
- Assist with the overall operation of the District Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the title of the role you are applying to in the subject line by Janaury 31, 2022 at 5pm.
All applicants must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination or request an exemption for a documented medical concern and/or a sincerely held religious belief, on or before their starting date.