Position: Part-time Constituent Service Representative
Reports To: Councilmember Cherelle Parker and Chief of Staff
Assist constituents with problems or concerns as they relate to City services. Answer questions and act as a liaison between City agencies and the community. Answer phones, perform basic administrative duties, and help with event planning.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience providing direct assistance to individuals in a social services, legal, medical, or government setting
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, tact, and judgment when interacting with a wide range of individuals in a friendly, personable manner
- Must be organized and familiar with Microsoft programs and online systems
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual ability (English and Spanish or Mandarin) is a plus
- PA notary public commission is a plus
- Work directly with the constituents of the 9th Councilmanic District and residents of the City of Philadelphia in resolving issues with City, state, or other entities in a timely manner.
- Monitor various issues of concern as well as complaint trends.
- Keep colleagues informed of statuses of citizen complaints and corresponding resolutions.
- Record all constituent inquiries received in online tracking system. Keep system updated with case developments and resolutions.
- Assist in facilitating and planning events.
- Organize, facilitate, and attend meetings with neighborhood associations, community groups, organizations, or individuals as required.
- Work evenings and weekends as needed
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Councilmember, staff, and constituents.
- Greet constituents and listen to their needs, provide correct information and forms.
- Assist with updating constituent service practice, procedures, and contact databases.
- Assist with ensuring that the City Hall and District offices have up-to-date resources from various city, state, federal, and local agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the title of the role you are applying to in the subject line by Janaury 31, 2022 at 5pm.
All applicants must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination or request an exemption for a documented medical concern and/or a sincerely held religious belief, on or before their starting date.