Philadelphia City Council is seeking candidates for the position of Social Media Coordinator on the Council President’s Technical Staff. This position reports to the Council President’s office and provides social media and communications support to all offices of City Council. The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for managing the Council-branded social media accounts and implementing a social media strategy to grow our online audience and maximize engagement with constituents and partner agencies.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the PHLCouncil-branded social media accounts.
- Build and execute a social media strategy through research, messaging, audience engagement and constituent service.
- Create and implement social media plan and editorial calendar.
- Coordinate video content needs with PHLGovTV and other video producers, all within copyright guidelines.
- Coordinate photo/image content needs with the Council Photographer, the Graphic Designer and other image sources, all within copyright guidelines.
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on city policies.
- Collaborate with other City Agencies to coordinate content and increase reach.
- Coordinate with the Communications Director and Deputy Communications Director to support the messaging efforts of the Council President’s Tech staff.
- Assist Deputy Communications Director with regular social media policy updates, strategy meetings, and Council-wide messaging efforts.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Two- to five years of experience as a social media coordinator or similar role in a professional setting.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of social media best practices, emerging trends and strategies.
- Strong understanding of social media key performance indicators (KPIs) analytics, tracking and reporting.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communications skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite – Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Working knowledge of website publishing platforms.
- Personal attributes: strong interpersonal skills; a positive, constituent-focused attitude; willingness to work as a part of a larger team; knowledge or ongoing interest in local government; able to take ownership and produce results.
This is a full-time position within the City of Philadelphia with benefits, with salary based on experience. If not a Philadelphia resident, you must move into the city within six months of employment.
Work hours typically reflect regular business hours but may require occasional evening and weekend work.
All applicants must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination or request an exemption for a documented medical concern and/or a sincerely held religious belief, on or before their starting date.
Candidates must submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]
Deadline to apply:
Please submit all application materials on or before close of business on March 18, 2022.