Updated on 3/24/20
National and/or multi-issue
- Local Progress policy tracker compiles progressive policies from different cities across issue areas related to COVID-19 impacts.
- Put People First PA petition and platform calls for state action to help poor and working class Pennsylvanians across a range of issue areas.
- American Working Family Relief Platform has a state-level petition and full platform from a large coalition of labor and worker organizations in Pennsylvania.
- CREW (Coalition to Respect Every Worker) put out a petition calling for emergency action to help Philadelphia workers and a toolkit to help advocates.
- Save Philly Restaurants has a petition and platform to help restaurant workers and owners survive COVID-19 financially.
- Philadelphia Tenants Union is helping renters organize and advocate during COVID-19 with a toolkit they created.
- A coalition of criminal justice advocates released a petition calling for courts to quickly reduce the local jail population and ensure the safety of imprisoned people. The coalition includes Philadelphia Bail Fund, Media Mobilizing Project, Philadelphia Community Bail Fund, No215JailCoalition and more.
- A coalition of youth advocates has a petition calling for the release of youth in jails and detention facilities, and to protect the health and safety of imprisoned youth. The advocates involved are the Village of Arts & Humanities, the Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project, Juvenile Law Center, Youth United for Change, and the Youth Art & Self-empowerment Project.
- The ACLU wrote open letters to the state Secretary of Health and the local courts asking them to immediately reduce the prison population, with procedural specifics.
- Amistad Law Project calls for emergency measures to bring people home from state prisons.
- National Bail Fund Network has guidance for community bail and bond funds on how to respond to COVID-19.
- Free Them All has a petition calling on ICE to release all immigrants at risk of COVID-19.
- Detention Watch Network put together a toolkit for supporting local demands for mass release of people in ICE custody.
- Shut Down Berks is demanding the Governor immediately release the immigrant families held at Berks through a petition.
- Our City Our Schools has a set of demands and a call to action for better community involvement while the schools are closed.
- Philly Transit Riders Union wrote an open letter to the board of SEPTA and elected officials calling for safer working and riding conditions during COVID-19.
- National Consumer Law Center created a landing page with policies and advocacy to help consumers during COVID-19, including mortgage and credit card issues.