Over the next nine months, the Office of Councilwoman Cherelle L. Parker, representing the 9th Council District and their consultant team, led by Philadelphia-based planning and design firm WRT, will be leading the 9th District Commercial Corridor + Neighborhood Plan. The study will create actionable strategies that build on the area’s strengths and create vibrant communities.
- Examine the District’s neighborhood commercial corridors,
- Develop recommendations for streetscape, façade, and signage improvements,
- Identify strategies and resources to reinforce the commercial activity and improve the economic viability of the area’s businesses, and
- Preserve public assets and invest in surrounding residential neighborhoods.
The planning process will include 3 public workshops, stakeholders interviews and an Advisory Committee. Ninth District staff are recruiting community members for the Advisory Committee who will be charged in bringing the voice of all stakeholders into the planning process, identifying opportunities, challenges, and priorities and developing recommendations.
Upcoming Public Workshops:
- June 13, 2018 6:30pm to 8:30pm- Lawncrest Recreation Center – 6000 Rising Sun Avenue | Directions
- June 19, 2018 6:30pm to 8:30pm – Masjidulluh Inc. – 7401 Limekiln Pike | Directions
For more information on the planning process, to get on the mailing list or to join the Advisory Committee please contact:
Kyasha Tyson, Director of Community & Economic Development
Councilwoman Cherelle L. Parker – 9th District
1538 E. Wadsworth Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19150
Tel: (215) 686-3454
Fax: (215) 685-9271
Email: [email protected]