When planted in the right place, trees have the ability to reduce energy use by providing shade in the summer and wind reduction in the winter. Fully grown trees have the potential to lower energy bills anywhere from 15-30%.
The event will be held on Arbor Day, Friday, April 27, 2018, at Councilman O’Neill’s FOP Neighborhood Office (11630 Caroline Road) from 4:00PM-7:00PM.
A limited number of trees are available and they will be distributed on a first-come first-serve basis. Constituents are encouraged to reserve their free tree in advance by calling or visiting one of Councilman O’Neill’s five full-time offices:
- Rhawnhurst at 7522 Castor Avenue (215-685-0438);
- Fox Chase at 432 Rhawn Street (215-685-6431);
- FOP Lodge #5 Headquarters at 11630 Caroline Road (215-437-9167);
- Bustleton & Bowler above the 7th Police District (215-685-0432);
- City Hall (215-686-3422).