Councilmember Jamie R. Gauthier has represented Philadelphia’s 3rd Council District since January 6, 2020. Since then, Councilmember Gauthier and her team have worked hard to build a 3rd District Council office that prioritizes direct engagement with residents, transparency, accountability, responsiveness, shared decision-making with our constituents, the centering of the most vulnerable among us, passion for our work, and fun. Internally, we’ve strived to foster an environment of empowerment, where each team member provides ideas and input, enabling us to make decisions with our constituents’ best interests in mind. We now invite interested individuals to apply for the integral role of our team’s Constituent Services Representative.
The Constituent Services Rep is a constituent-facing role that connects 3rd District residents to local government agencies and is critical to building trust between constituents and the Council Office. The Constituent Service Rep will be responsible for assisting constituents address a range of issues, including but not limited to housing issues, employment, neighborhood quality of life issues and safety concerns. A successful candidate is responsive, considerate and organized. The Constituent Services Rep is a member of the Constituent Services team and will report to the Constituent Services Director. This position is part-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to constituent service inquiries and work with City and non-governmental partners as appropriate to attempt to fulfill requests;
- Collaborate with members of staff as necessary to make sure systemic issues in the delivery of services or the lack of available solutions for constituent concerns are addressed;
- Partner with non-governmental organizations and service providers for the purpose of referring constituents for services;
- Record all constituent inquiries received in City’s online database (ASAP);
- Assist with updating constituent services forms and databases;
- Assist with keeping updated resources at the City Hall office;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience with case management is a plus
- Previous experience in social work is a plus
- Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially with MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Philadelphia and communities of the 3rd Council District is a plus
- Must be a resident of Philadelphia within 6 months of start date
Education and Experience
- High School diploma/GED required; Some college or Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
This job pays $25/ hour and is 20 hours per week.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]