Councilmember Jamie R. Gauthier has represented Philadelphia’s 3rd Council District since January 6, 2020. Since then, Councilmember Gauthier and her team have worked hard to build a 3rd District Council office that prioritizes direct engagement with residents, transparency, accountability, responsiveness, shared decision-making with our constituents, the centering of the most vulnerable among us, passion for our work, and fun. Internally, we’ve strived to foster an environment of empowerment, where each team member provides ideas and input, enabling us to make decisions with our constituents’ best interests in mind. We now invite interested parties to apply for the integral role of our team’s Scheduler/Constituent Services Coordinator.
The Scheduler/Constituent Services Coordinator will help Councilmember Gauthier achieve her vision by executing the Councilmember’s constituent services program in concert with the Director of Constituent Services and Engagement and organizing the Councilmember’s schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to constituent service inquiries and work with City and non-governmental partners as appropriate to attempt to fulfill requests;
- Coordinating all aspects of the Councilmember’s schedule;
- Answering the office phone, routing calls to members of our team and taking messages;
- Greeting constituents, stakeholders and others who visit our office;
- Providing general administrative support;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED required
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially with MS Word and Excel
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others
- Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner
- Knowledge of Philadelphia and communities of the 3rd Council District is a plus
- Must be a resident of Philadelphia within 6 months of start date
Rate of Pay
$20/hour for 20-30 hours/week M-F from April-June 30th; $20/hour for 15 hours/week M-F thereafter
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Max Weiss at [email protected] by April 1,2022.