Philadelphia, March 10, 2015 – The Special Committee of City Council on Energy Opportunities for Philadelphia has announced its inaugural hearing agenda for Friday, March 13, 2015, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Special Committee will hear testimony on the viability of public-private partnerships (P3s) in Philadelphia, opportunities for expanding the role of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) in Philadelphia’s energy future, best practices and proposals for energy-related P3s, and possible legislative frameworks for future P3 proposals.
The Special Committee is co-chaired by Councilman Bobby Henon (6th District; chair, Committee on Public Property and Public Works) and Councilwoman Marian Tasco (9th District; chair, Philadelphia Gas Commission), and includes Councilman Kenyatta Johnson (2nd District; chair, Committee on Transportation and Public Utilities), Councilman At-Large Ed Neilson (chair, Committee on Labor and Civil Service) and Councilman At-Large David Oh (chair, Committee on Global Opportunities and the Creative/Innovative Economy).
The order of witnesses expected to testify is as follows:
- Craig White, CEO, PGW
- Scott Rubin, Esq., public utilities consultant
- Philip Rinaldi, CEO, Philadelphia Energy Solutions
- Douglas Wheeler, Regional Managing Director, AON
- Boris Brevnov and Charlie Ryan, Founding Partners, Liberty Energy Trust
- Frank Vasquez, CEO, V-Financial, LLC
- John Henry, CEO, Chariot Companies
- Franc James, CEO, Penn America Energy LP
- The Honorable Ed Pawlowski, Mayor, City of Allentown
Members of the public wishing to testify may email Chris.Goy@phila.gov or call 215-686-2070.