The Office of Philadelphia City Council President Darrell L. Clarke is seeking to hire a Graphic Designer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Graphic Designer will develop and design responsive, high quality graphic design projects for Philadelphia City Council, such as studies, reports, and other communication documents to help raise awareness of City Council initiatives.
Essential functions include:
- Analyzing requests, recommending and creating work product in response to requests; Formulating concepts and implementing layout designs for artwork and copy for City Council members.
- Developing graphic designs and related artwork for visual communications media; selecting and securing suitable illustrative or photographic materials for developing visual communications media; writing and editing content as needed.
- Coordinating and scheduling the printing of graphic art displays, reports, and other documents in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommending of printing and binding projects should be completed in house or by vendors; supervising vendors.
- Conferring with the Council President’s Office regarding project/office budget, including software, hardware, and other equipment needs.
- Recruiting and supervising graphic design interns.
- Must be proficient in graphic design concepts and techniques.
- Must be familiar with digital file formats (tif, gif, eps, pdf, jpg), Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress, and other common design and layout applications.
- Must posses a comprehensive knowledge of graphic design principles and production methods.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent time management skills, as well as office, telephone and online (email) etiquette.
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to William Carter at email@example.com with the words “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. Candidates must also provide design samples and/or links at interview. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The deadline for applications is August 1, 2018.
Share this Post